Frag rack placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Neo Jeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Location of frag rack?

  • Keep current location

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lower down to 3/4 of the tank

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Lower down to 1/2 of the tank

    Votes: 2 40.0%

  • Total voters
    5

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2017
Messages
2,475
Reaction score
2,858
Location
East Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I been growing frags on the 2 sides of my tank. I’m wondering if I have them to high? The seems to lose color compared to the colony’s.

I keep mostly sps or monti frags

I circled the location with the two magnets that you can see.

Any ideas? Thanks

E4C9DB77-49FD-46DD-BD2C-A9E15F3A6592.jpeg
 
I keep mine about 1/4 and 1/2 way down. Higher light stuff on the 1/4 and lower on the 1/2. The racks don’t get as much light as the colonies with my light, but yours looks like it covers the whole tank so you might be good just setting them both 1/2
 
If you take par reading in the whole tank, I have found that at the top around the edges is a lower par than where the corals are positioned in the tank
 
Set it lower. anywhere around 1/2 way up the side to maybe 3/4 of the way up. I set mine at 1/2 way.

thanks Ron. How have you been? Hope all is well
 
If you take par reading in the whole tank, I have found that at the top around the edges is a lower par than where the corals are positioned in the tank

good tip thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new