Frag rock the suspect? Bone white dallas.

  • Thread starter Thread starter PlasmaBoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PlasmaBoy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2019
Messages
56
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I recently went on the hunt of what’s upsetting my Dallas sps, one of the easiest sps out there. They went bone white, while all my other SPS mostly had no issues what so ever.

So I trolled through all my photos and realised after I placed one of those frag rocks in my tank, the Dallas frags lost their colour. I remember smelling the rock and it smelt like plaster.

My dallas didn’t die, but stopped growing. It really stumped me as nothing else was upset.

Anyway I have removed it , time will tell.
 
Plaster smell? Yikes

What brand frag rocks are you talking about?
 
I don’t know what the brand was, it did come as a pack with 20 frag plugs included. I’d say it was underbaked, with that strong plaster smell. Let’s see how it goes, lots of water changes and carbon did nothing , let’s see this time around.
 
I think Aquaforest makes frag rocks and i think they are a 20 pack, Did the pack have a purple label?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new