Frag Swaps: What's Your Take?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's almost time here in the U.S. for local frag swaps to startup for the season. I am a vendor at a couple swaps in my area, and hanging out with Reefers is a big reason why I do it.
I would like to know what your experiences have been (without naming vendors, please), and what you think can be improved upon or kept the same. Thanks!

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
few swaps have more than frags. I always like seeing captive bred inverts, macro algae, different gear (even if it just marketing material) Back in the day when I went to a local reefer meeting monthly we usually had someone talking about different gear experiences and that was something we all learned a ton from.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always fun to walk around with like minded reefers all in one area. I wish frags were a bit bigger, there's a lot of tiny frags for such high cost making it not so enjoyable to shop.

I had a bad experience with one of the vendor at reefpalooza last week. One of his tank had the same corals with different price than the other tank, one being $150 and the other $300. I asked what's the difference between the corals on this tank and the other because to me they look the same. The guy said the price. I ask for more details like are the grade/colors different? He said it again the price. I just roll my eyes and walk away, never going to that vendor again. All I ask is be friendly, there's all sort of reefers who wants to learn and know what they're buying but with that attitude I'm walking away and avoiding.

EyeCandyCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out some of the ReefingUSA shows. They host them all over the country

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back