Frag tank availability and Zoo Med

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I didn’t think purchasing a frag tank would be so difficult. I want to purchase the 28G 18x36x10 Zoo Med low boy. I called Zoo Med and this tank is made identically to the 50g, but that I would have to purchase from a dealer. I have called all the dealers in the greater area of my city and no one will special order, or can special order this tank. I’ve only found one online, on Ebay, and while they still leave it up, they will only ship that LTL (on a skid via a 18wheeler, Uber cost restrictive). Anyone have any ideas? I can’t even order the 50g, which I don’t want, but…

My next step will be to call a local glass company and have 3/8th glass cut and glue together a nice rimless tank, like my screen name says… What could go wrong.

Thoughts?

IMG_1425.png

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
give @Joe Glass Cages a call talk to Joe, think may have that size as a in stock item ,may be able to pick up

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are set on the 28 gallon you may be better off going custom. I can't find any additional information on it, but many terrariums aren't designed to be filled with water as many have thinner glass.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option may be a 30 gallon breeder. Same footprint as the 28 gallon, except 2 inches taller.

I have one from Aquarium Masters (also called Deep Blue, I think). One of the other big box brands offers a 30 breeder (Marineland maybe), but I couldn't get any of the stores in my area to order one either.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another option may be a 30 gallon breeder. Same footprint as the 28 gallon, except 2 inches taller.

I have one from Aquarium Masters (also called Deep Blue, I think). One of the other big box brands offers a 30 breeder (Marineland maybe), but I couldn't get any of the stores in my area to order one either.
That is really helpful. I really appreciate that, I didn’t think the glass would change.

I’m plumbing this into my existing display (RS Max500) and have an acceptable margin for additional sump demand, this would be ideal for that, the size of the space I have, and within my wife’s guidelines :), lol. I feel that if I were to do the 50, I might as well just add another tank, lol.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back