Frag tank custom overflow

astreck827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a custom acrylic frag tank built and I’m trying to decide how I want the overflow done. Dimensions are 96” x 24” x 15”. I was thinking a coast to coast internal overflow on one of the 24” sides with 3 holes drilled into the side wall. Any other suggestions or ideas? I plan to push a lot of flow through it, probably 2000-3000 gph. Whatever I decide on will be built into the tank so can’t be changed later. Any input is appreciated… thanks!

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a custom acrylic frag tank built and I’m trying to decide how I want the overflow done. Dimensions are 96” x 24” x 15”. I was thinking a coast to coast internal overflow on one of the 24” sides with 3 holes drilled into the side wall. Any other suggestions or ideas? I plan to push a lot of flow through it, probably 2000-3000 gph. Whatever I decide on will be built into the tank so can’t be changed later. Any input is appreciated… thanks!
Not an expert but I really like the internal coast to coast idea. Lower risk of leaks and assuming big pipes you’ll get plenty of flow. Are you putting returns on the opposite side?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back