Frag Tank - Hydroponic Equipment?

Heres my tray set up, using a stand from lowes/ home depot $90

20160502_222050.jpg

Good stuff... In my old aquaculture setup I split one of those racks in half and ran 4 of the 4'x2' hydro trays. Those two systems were chained together and run off a sump. Great setup and much more space saving than the big rubbermaid stock tanks. Those work great too but better suited as a sump with some space on top for additional livestock.
 
Its an older botanicare 70g reservoir, have had it in storage for several years now .

Its ≈12" deep.

these are the newer models
https://hydrobuilder.com/botanicare-premium-reservoirs-white.html

You should be able to go to a local hydroponics store and order it or they may have it..

If I had it to do over again I would use the 115g version (better use of available space).
 
Last edited:
Old thread but didn't want to start a new one so here we go. Are these containers sturdy enough to keep the shape with all that water inside? I'm concerned that sides will cave out over time. Anyone keeping these without side support?
 
Old thread but didn't want to start a new one so here we go. Are these containers sturdy enough to keep the shape with all that water inside? I'm concerned that sides will cave out over time. Anyone keeping these without side support?
I'd say it depends on how big of a container you are going with and what kind. Would always be best to provide support on the sides though if you can. Which one do you have in mind?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new