Frag tank light cycle.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fieryfrog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fieryfrog

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
544
Reaction score
54
Location
Minneapolis MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just built my frag tank and am at a loss on whether to run my lights longer or keep the same timing as my Display Tank.

I am running LED and T5 above my frag tank. I have a mix of SPS and zoa in it.

I have read about running extra time or even running in 4 hours on and 4 hours off cycles. What are others doing and why?
 
Keep it the same. No need to over complicate things, plus keep in mind it's a transition from main to frag tank. Some corals will brown out from changes easily.

I got with the same 8hr schedule on my frag tanks. The main tank might be a little longer but nothing too crazy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new