Frag tank light

  • Thread starter Thread starter rs1831
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rs1831

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2014
Messages
307
Reaction score
66
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on what I should use for lighting on a 36x18x12 frag tank?

Thanks!
 
I use t5 supplemented with reefbrites. Very happy with the results.

Mostly you should match your frag tank light to your DT.

This way you don't have to light acclimate frags when moving from DT to frag tank and vice versa.
 
I use a par bulb from RapidLED, although you'd need probably 3 for your application, they still run quite cheap compared to most other options.
 
Thanks, PaulKreider. I'll check that out. I am strongly considering led's.
 
Currently I am using a ATI t-5 fixture with reefbrights for my display. If I did the same for my frag tank, what size fixture should I get and how many bulbs?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new