Frag tank pest control

TheReefer2005

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Messages
180
Reaction score
44
Location
portland
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just got a mini frag tank up and running, but I see some coral pests. What fish or inverts should i keep in my frag tank to help deal with the pests?
 
If its just a mini frag tank id recommend dipping the frags weekly. Can we get the size of tank and pest your dealing with? Also what kind of frags are we dealing with.
 
If its just a mini frag tank id recommend dipping the frags weekly. Can we get the size of tank and pest your dealing with? Also what kind of frags are we dealing with.
It’s a 6-7 gallon with spa and lps. Not super sure which types of pests I am currently dealing with, but I’m sure there’s more than one.
 
Six line wrasse
 
It’s a 6-7 gallon with spa and lps. Not super sure which types of pests I am currently dealing with, but I’m sure there’s more than one.
Photos of the pest?
 
In that small of tank its basically a qt size I have. Get some coral dip possibly two different opinions. Dip the corals and examin what falls out. If you dip all the coral weekly or every 5 days you can probably get rid of pest within a month.
 
I keep a damsel (I had 4, he was the winner I guess...) and a six line wrasse for "bug control" in my frag system.
 
Great news!
Out of curiosity and in case someone down the road finds this post what did you do?
If it was the dip you may have to dip again in a week or 2 in case there was any eggs.
 
Great news!
Out of curiosity and in case someone down the road finds this post what did you do?
If it was the dip you may have to dip again in a week or 2 in case there was any eggs.

Unless I missed something I'm not sure how much of a resolution this is. The OP never even stated what pests they had other than they were sure there was more than one :thinking-face:
 
Unless I missed something I'm not sure how much of a resolution this is. The OP never even stated what pests they had other than they were sure there was more than one :thinking-face:
True, but if your a newer person to the saltwater aquarium could still be useful. I think it takes awhile for some to figure out what is a pest and what is good. I also hoped he would give a little more info on it :cool:
 
True, but if your a newer person to the saltwater aquarium could still be useful. I think it takes awhile for some to figure out what is a pest and what is good. I also hoped he would give a little more info on it :cool:
Agreed more info would be nice. Many times new people freak out over things that are benificial.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new