frag tank question

jpfaubel123

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Messages
985
Reaction score
6
Location
fort myers florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a eurobraced acrylic frag tank. I am just wondering if it is necessary to put any type of foam under the tank between the tank and the plywood it will be sitting on. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated thank you!
 
A layer of Styrofoam will help keep it from having any pressure points which may result in cracking.
 
Half-inch will usually do in most cases. The local Lowes or Home Depot usually has it on hand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new