frag tank questions

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
14,383
Reaction score
11,379
Location
Olympia, WA.
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am going to be setting up a 20 gallon tank that might be a future frag tank.
The immediate purpose is just a holding tank for a few months for some LPS and zoanthid colonies.
I'm moving them out of my 66 gallon tank and moving it a file fish.
I only have a few lbs of live rock I can add for biological filtration.

So how much in the way of water changes would I figure I should do?

There will be no fish, just corals.
2- King Spawns
2- Torch Corals.
3- Frogspawns
A duncan colony with about 20 heads
3 zoanthid colonies.

I'm not planning on doing any feeding during this time.
 
I am going to be setting up a 20 gallon tank that might be a future frag tank.
The immediate purpose is just a holding tank for a few months for some LPS and zoanthid colonies.
I'm moving them out of my 66 gallon tank and moving it a file fish.
I only have a few lbs of live rock I can add for biological filtration.

So how much in the way of water changes would I figure I should do?

There will be no fish, just corals.
2- King Spawns
2- Torch Corals.
3- Frogspawns
A duncan colony with about 20 heads
3 zoanthid colonies.

I'm not planning on doing any feeding during this time.
I have a fairly new 20 AIO that holds about 17 gallons. I do 2 gal water changes per week, but the tank is still going through the uglies (dry rock) I have 2 small bengai cardinals and a sally light foot crab in it. when it gets stable I will probably drop back to 1 gal per week
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new