Frag Tank Set Up

  • Thread starter Thread starter 65newbie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

65newbie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Messages
26
Reaction score
10
Location
Terre Haute, Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 55 as a frag tank, things are growing and it’s going well.
my question is for my next step I would like to ask, Low boy tank?Custom Tank? Or a Hydroponics Flood Table?
 
Depends on the size you want. If the low boys are close to the size you want then i would go that route. They work great and cost is cheaper than most options.
 
I can get a hydroponic flood table(2’x4’) and stand for around $150-$200. That seems the be around the price of a lowboy ($200-$250) and with no stand.
Hydro flood table is easier to drill than glass from what I’ve seen. I do like the lowboys, they just seem expensive for a tank.
 
I've used both and prefer the lowboy. You can get a zoomed for around $150. Drilling either one takes 5 minutes, so that isn't a factor to me.
 
Thanks for the input guys!! I ended up going with a 60 gallon breeder. (48”x18”x16”)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new