Frag tank start up

Jamesisjamess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am setting up a 17 gallon frag tank and have a few questions. first what would be the best lighting for the money, should i go with mettle halide, do i need a sump and or protein skimer, would i be ok with some good live rock a aqua clear hob filter modified to be a refugium (< not sure if i spelled that right) and a heater. i have a 20 gallon nano thats all i use and it runs awesome i was wondering if it would be any difrent.

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it simple
Here’s a pic of mine
I use display tank water for the weekly 10% water changes and add some snails and hermits sometimes.
Every now and then I remove the rack and siphon crap into a filter sock and back into the tank with a small power head and tubing.
DF37B1E6-6DC3-4CD4-A060-255464AD5DA8.jpeg 81F4A032-836F-45D1-97AA-41C0A79BD536.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back