Frag tank systems, lets see those systems.

Sean Landholt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better to think of fragging as currency. Use frags to trade for more new coral u dont already have, locally... and do so without spending actual money.. thats what ive done over the years.
What outlets did you use to trade? Stores or local forums?

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag system is just a 20gal tank with a dual t5 fixture running 2 blue plus, and the included "actinic" strip. Pretty much completely filled currently, got a 40gal breeder system in the works.
IMG_0739.jpeg
IMG_0741.jpeg
IMG_0772.jpeg

luckylato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see everone is using a sump or refuge i recently purchased a lowboy and have a reefbreaders 32 v2+ tha i plan on running over it. My question is could you use a fx6 without spunges to filter. I have one that has been used for another project. Its filled with aquaneat ceramic bios sphears . They have been filering for about 9 months. Is the sump somthing I need to have to house heater and skimmer? Do i need to run a skimmer?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see everone is using a sump or refuge i recently purchased a lowboy and have a reefbreaders 32 v2+ tha i plan on running over it. My question is could you use a fx6 without spunges to filter. I have one that has been used for another project. Its filled with aquaneat ceramic bios sphears . They have been filering for about 9 months. Is the sump somthing I need to have to house heater and skimmer? Do i need to run a skimmer?
I would absolutely run a skimmer. I had an aqueon 400 on my 125 while i planned the drilling and sump upgrade (was a rookie at the time) it was running fallow, so bioload was almost 0. Just 100 snails and hermits basically. Never had no3 over 20, with 10% biweekly wc's. I had a hob remora skimmer for a 75g tank and i couldnt keep my po4 under .3. And i run chemi pure elite bags on monthly rotations in the sponge chamber of the canister...

Imho, If you plan on dosing phyto, or other coral foods, i would at least try a medium sized skimmer for sure.

Refugiums are a much cheaper option, and u can usually sell of the chaeto to LFS's for store credit. Thats the route i went.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back