Frag tank temp around 74

whyoming.white

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
160
Reaction score
102
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

I recently setup a 40 breeder with a 20 gallon sump in my basement to use as a frag tank. My basement is unfinished so my temps run a little on the cool side. I have had the tank up and cycling(with established live rock) for a week. So far my temps have been in the 74-75 degree range.

Will SPS frags be fine at this temp range? From what I have read they might metabolize slower. But will they survive? I assume in the next month or so the temps will go up as my local air temps rise with spring and summer.
 
They prefer a little warmer temps, I think it should be ok, but growth won’t be expontetial or anything
 
They will not die, or anything, but grow/encruster slower and be less healthy and able to fight off other things like light/temp/parameter swings and issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new