Frag Tool Kit for new reefer

  • Thread starter Thread starter jray8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jray8

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
34
Reaction score
11
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at frag tool kits and there seems to be a wide variety of tools and price ranges. Do I need a full kit... just bone cutters... or is the answer somewhere in between? I don't want to overspend for stuff I am not going to need.
thanks
Jim
 
The first tool is a prying tool to remove frags from the plug. A bone cutter, or a gardening pruner can work if you want to just cut the top of a stick off, but a putty knife, a drywall knife or similar is fine to start.

What kind of corals will you be growing that you plan to frag? IF you are buying colonies to chop then a bone cutter is nice. Get real surgical steel.
 
I have GSP now and some Zoas on order. I haven't decided where I am going after that. Just mostly want to deal with the ugly frag plugs and disks before placing on the rockwork.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new