OP
ca2or

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I've ever lost a Yuma except to "fell off rock and the current blew it away. I take mine on a frag plug and put a sharp chissel on it and wack it with a hammer. Yes, I know it's a softy... but it breaks the frag plug too, and now I have two halves of a mushroom ALREADY ATTACHED!

puntific

Hmm....now that sounds like a plan. Does that work well for Yuma's as well as Ric's?

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 1 1/4" thin call PVC to make a casing with a mesh top. The frag plugs just slip up into the PVC casing until the ric is trapped between the netting and the plug. I use the large Oceans Wonder disks from BRS and they friction fit in the PVC like a glove and you can adjust how close the ric is to the mesh. You can put some rubble on the frag plug before you place the ric if you like. Totally reusuable once the ric attaches itself to the plug. The plug is covered up by the ric in no time. Works for all kinds of soft corals.

Attachments

• IMG00182.jpg
    IMG00182.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG00184.jpg
    IMG00184.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
OP
OP
ca2or

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 1 1/4" thin call PVC to make a casing with a mesh top. The frag plugs just slip up into the PVC casing until the ric is trapped between the netting and the plug. I use the large Oceans Wonder disks from BRS and they friction fit in the PVC like a glove and you can adjust how close the ric is to the mesh. You can put some rubble on the frag plug before you place the ric if you like. Totally reusuable once the ric attaches itself to the plug. The plug is covered up by the ric in no time. Works for all kinds of soft corals.

That is brilliant. I like that.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back