Fragging a bubble coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vinman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well I did it I cut my bubble coral and It went well.


So I used a cutoff wheel that did a great job and cut like butter.
20200418_155632.jpg

I definitely was nervous but keep it together and after the first cut there was no turning back!
20200418_151556.jpg

So I ended up with 7 large colonies and 2 medium colonies.
20200418_152948.jpg

After cutting they got a rinse in a bucket and then a 15-minute iodine solution bath
20200418_155217.jpg

Then glue to frag tiles and placed in the new 180 to heal
20200418_171641.jpg

20200418_171647.jpg

So I will update this post in 2 weeks. To update losses or success.
 
Nice! Had to break out the heavy machinery. They look good. Got to get my hands on one of ‘em.
 
Read this string and didnt see, how long did you have that bubble for? I have never seen one that large. For future cutting, wonder if a diamond blade would be safer. I would be concerned of the dust that may introduce to your coral.
 
Read this string and didnt see, how long did you have that bubble for? I have never seen one that large. For future cutting, wonder if a diamond blade would be safer. I would be concerned of the dust that may introduce to your coral.
So first pic is January 2016
2nd pic is January 2020
Fragged april 2020

Screenshot_20200502-231331_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20200502-232211_Gallery.jpg
 
Great job on fragging! The frags are looking great! Will you be shipping? I'm in Bradenton and may be interested when you start to sell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new