Damaged Bubble Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter adriebee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adriebee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, everyone! This is my first post, so hoping I’m doing this right.

I bought a bubble coral for a discounted price at my LFS a few weeks ago. So far he’s looking pretty good, eating fine, inflated most of the day until the lights kick off.

I just want to make sure I’m taking care of him right and preventing any further damage. Right now, I’m concerned about the exposed skeleton that looks like it’s growing algae.

I’m wondering, when it comes to bubble coral, is there a chance that the damaged area could grow back? And if not, should I cut off the dead parts of the skeleton to prevent algae/bacteria growth?

Thank you!


20250823_154725_91DAC951-E5A2-4F0B-926A-18B2F515E4AB.png
 
**bought a damaged bubble coral for a discounted price
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new