fragging GSP

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys

Ive got this piece of GSP that has folded over itself and kind of engulfed the rock/plug it was originally placed on. I dont know, because that was way before i bought it.

9339ABAD-E516-4027-BFA1-B38FE52910BE.jpeg
6EF48A60-04CC-4008-9D3A-CDAE88E6C13B.jpeg

Its been in a QT tank for 6 weeks and id like to frag it into something more maneagable. I have a nice piece of rock that ive removed from my DT, and plan to add the GSP. Ill keep it isolated to help delay any migration. I also have a long thin oyster shell im thinking of putting small frags on and letting it grow out.

I was planning on just taking a hobby knife to it, and try to open it up. arrange it so its flat, and then crazy glue it to the rock. Hows that sound?

Now, heres the curve ball. Its housing a 2" long thin red segmented worm. Ive dipped this thing in Bayer twice and its still hiding in there. I guess the Bayer isnt penetrating sufficiently to kill it.

10ml bayer/4oz water 15 mins, 3 x 15 min water rinses.

how soon after cutting and gluing it onto a new rock should i wait to dip?

Would i be best gluing it onto a tile, and remove and dip it 2-3 times over a couple weeks to kill any hatched bugs? Then glue it onto the rock right before i move to DT?

How many times could I remove from tile, dip, and reglue?

I do have isopods and some copepods in the tank, and other than the red worm, i havent seen signs of other coral pests. No flatworms or red bugs. the dipping is purely precautionary.

thanks for any advice!

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip as soon as I cut. It helps to heal. I would use a rubber band to attach to rock

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip as soon as I cut. It helps to heal. I would use a rubber band to attach to rock

Ok, thanks!

No glue? I’ve read others use glue on GSP, but to rubber band Xenia for example

How many times would you dip it before DT, and how frequently? I’ve seen mention of3 dips, 2 weeks apart.

Thanks

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only dip once With all my coral. I always leave it in the tank that I fragged it from till it heals. I dont want to add any more stress than necessary.

Ive never tried glue with gsp rubber band seems to work great and less messy. Just what I do. Many ways to skin a cat.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back