Fragging help

jdubDaReefGuy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Messages
156
Reaction score
96
Location
Van buren
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two corals I would like to frag and spread around my tank so they take over quicker. What would be the best way of going about it. Would I be able to just split the Kenya tree the rest the way? Do I just cut a few heads from the Xenia? Any help is appreciated

IMG_2323.jpeg
 
I've never had Kenya tree and haven't had xenia in many, many years. That said, I'm pretty sure you can simply cut either one basically however you want and they will be OK.

In order to spread them around the tank where you want them you will need to get them to attach to something that you can firmly glue down. Rock rubble works great for this.

Put the rock rubble in a rocks glass and place the cuttings on top of that. Once they attach themselves, glue the rubble with the newly attached frag wherever you want. :)

Or just wait a little while and both will be everywhere in the tank on their own. Haha.
 
I've never had Kenya tree and haven't had xenia in many, many years. That said, I'm pretty sure you can simply cut either one basically however you want and they will be OK.

In order to spread them around the tank where you want them you will need to get them to attach to something that you can firmly glue down. Rock rubble works great for this.

Put the rock rubble in a rocks glass and place the cuttings on top of that. Once they attach themselves, glue the rubble with the newly attached frag wherever you want. :)

Or just wait a little while and both will be everywhere in the tank on their own. Haha.
+1
 
I've never had Kenya tree and haven't had xenia in many, many years. That said, I'm pretty sure you can simply cut either one basically however you want and they will be OK.

In order to spread them around the tank where you want them you will need to get them to attach to something that you can firmly glue down. Rock rubble works great for this.

Put the rock rubble in a rocks glass and place the cuttings on top of that. Once they attach themselves, glue the rubble with the newly attached frag wherever you want. :)

Or just wait a little while and both will be everywhere in the tank on their own. Haha.
Thanks for the info!
 
I have always had much more luck when fragging other leathers by taking the cutting and wrapping some twine or fishing line around the cutting and whatever you wish to have it attach to (small rock, frag plug, ect) instead of gluing the flesh directly to a rock.
Definetly give that a try if the above mentioned ideas do not work
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new