Fragging help

jdubDaReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two corals I would like to frag and spread around my tank so they take over quicker. What would be the best way of going about it. Would I be able to just split the Kenya tree the rest the way? Do I just cut a few heads from the Xenia? Any help is appreciated

IMG_2323.jpeg

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've never had Kenya tree and haven't had xenia in many, many years. That said, I'm pretty sure you can simply cut either one basically however you want and they will be OK.

In order to spread them around the tank where you want them you will need to get them to attach to something that you can firmly glue down. Rock rubble works great for this.

Put the rock rubble in a rocks glass and place the cuttings on top of that. Once they attach themselves, glue the rubble with the newly attached frag wherever you want. :)

Or just wait a little while and both will be everywhere in the tank on their own. Haha.

buttonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had Kenya tree and haven't had xenia in many, many years. That said, I'm pretty sure you can simply cut either one basically however you want and they will be OK.

In order to spread them around the tank where you want them you will need to get them to attach to something that you can firmly glue down. Rock rubble works great for this.

Put the rock rubble in a rocks glass and place the cuttings on top of that. Once they attach themselves, glue the rubble with the newly attached frag wherever you want. :)

Or just wait a little while and both will be everywhere in the tank on their own. Haha.
+1

OP
OP
jdubDaReefGuy

jdubDaReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the info!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back