Fragging Palys

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I Frag palys? I know to watch out for the toxins and wear gloves and goggles, but I don't know if I just cut them, etc. these three polyps came in on my frogspawn frag and I want to remove them and move them to a different frag, so how do I that?

IMG_7053.JPG

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wear glasses and gloves. Use some bone cutters to cut part of the rock away that has the palys on it.
I don't have any bone cutters, I'll see if anyone local has some. But can I use a knife to chop them off at the base? Or will that not help?

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they on part of the frag plug or on part of the Frogspawn skeleton? It looks like part of the skeleton to me. I don't think I would chance cutting them off if that is the case. I might consider super gluing over the palys to protect the Frogspawn. You could also try scraping them off with a razor blade, just be careful to cut away from the frogspawn.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any bone cutters, I'll see if anyone local has some. But can I use a knife to chop them off at the base? Or will that not help?
You can cut them off that way if you aren’t worried about saving them.

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they on part of the frag plug or on part of the Frogspawn skeleton? It looks like part of the skeleton to me. I don't think I would chance cutting them off if that is the case. I might consider super gluing over the palys to protect the Frogspawn. You could also try scraping them off with a razor blade, just be careful to cut away from the frogspawn.
they are on the plug/rock and not the skeleton

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'll probably just leave those on then, unless it will harm the frogspawn? Also after watching the video all of the frags he made, he made sure to leave a little bit of rock. Towards the end he said it helps for the glue to attach, is that the only reason to leave the glue? Or could I rubber band the individual polyps onto a rock and they will attach themselves?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back