Fragging Zoas Advice

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on upgrading to a larger 180g tank soon. I have several zoas attached / growing all over my rock aquascape in my 30g tank. What’s the best way to get them in my new tank? 1) re-use the rock as much as possible and leave the zoas as is? Or 2) try to cut the zoas from the reef rock and frag the zoas? Need some advice.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m planning on upgrading to a larger 180g tank soon. I have several zoas attached / growing all over my rock aquascape in my 30g tank. What’s the best way to get them in my new tank? 1) re-use the rock as much as possible and leave the zoas as is? Or 2) try to cut the zoas from the reef rock and frag the zoas? Need some advice.
I’d break the rock close to the zoas and then put them in your new tank on the rock. Dip them first to prevent transferring pests.

In my experience trying to get the Zoa off a rock is pretty tough. For example I have utter chaos on a rock and I was trying to create a frag. I probably killed 4 for every 1 I got off intact. YMMV.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back