fragging

ngarcia11892

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my girl friend just got a frag for her tank of zoas and was wondering how long does it usually take for them to start growing because im inpacient to frag them to start a colony in my tank! :bigsmile: thanks!

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending what kind they are to growth lighting flow all impact growth post a pic n give some information we have em that take months to bud a baby n others couple babies every couple weeks or so.

Big Steve

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything said above plus I would definetly let the pop acouple of eye of eyes this way I know they have acclimated and healthy too frag :wink:

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even size of starter frag n how well its healed when ya got it can impact growth does she feed zoas n palys I was told utter chaos were slow growers n I went from 2 mid may to 9 n few babies now yet rastas right by em got 3 babies from Feb to now not sure why only ones I seem to have bad luck growing and agree make sure its growing good n get clean cut

Big steve

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Mr. Microscope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what kind of zoas they are? Yes, some seem to grow fast and others are painfully slow.

How many polyps are in the frag? If it's less than ten, let it grow for a little while. Single polyp frags seem to take forever to grow. I say, wait until you can safely frag off a group of four or five at once.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 136 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back