Frags discs concern

  • Thread starter Thread starter goody
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
194
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased some of these frag discs awhile back because of their larger size. I believe they are fired ceramic.
Do I need to be concerned about this discoloration after being in the tank or is this normal? Almost looks like rust.

PXL_20240831_225445765.jpg
 
Last edited:
I purchased some of these frag discs awhile back because of their larger size. I believe they are fired ceramic.
Do I need to be concerned about this discoloration after being in the tank or is this normal? Almost looks like rust.

PXL_20240831_225445765.jpg
They are fine it looks like an algae of some sort. To be honest lots of things will grow on them but nothing to be concerned with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new