Framingtech?

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do they normally take to give you a quote? I have a build on hold until I can get pricing. Out of the three places I've been in contact for T-Slot they are the ones to not respond. It hasn't been long at all mind you, about a two days, but the other two places responded immediately and even made some suggestions I hadn't thought of. I'm just getting super antsy and I know Framing Tech is the go to. That's why I am bothering to ask. Cheers.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day three got a generic email from a different company saying they received my inquiry and may get back to me. I was under the assumption framing tech builds kits for aquarium stands? Apparently not as they seem to farm out the quotes. I went with another company.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, my experience with Framing Tech was top notch, super responsive, great ideas and design. I did decide to go a different route with my stand but I was pretty close to ordering through them

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a response from Anthony Bataglia. Three things I found interesting. The stand was much beefier than the other two quotes, I noticed they asked for weight and height where the other two companies were not concerned. They charge a fee if you use credit. I own a business but my product is priced where the transaction fee is a non issue in the grand picture, and I could be mistaken but I believe the email said for an "official 30-day quote" I would need to give them a credit card number. I'm not savvy on how these things work so maybe this is an industry norm. I believe I gave enough info for a proper quote. So I was given a very generic quote.

All three companies came in at around the same price but I ended up going with Aanchor Premium Aquarium Stands (F and L Industrial Solutions, Inc.) just because Patrick was very nice and easy to work with. And the response time was amazing. The quote presentation made Framingtech look, well amateur (one sheet of paper with no consumer info, wants credit card number and other info for a "custom quote"). With Aanchor I got a small booklet with an index and all the info including how much weight this stand can hold and why they chose the pieces they did. In Fact, I love their presentation so much I might have to borrow the idea for my business. Well either way it's done. It would take ages to learn about all the pieces and how to drill it. This is going to be amazingly easy and at a great price.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 148 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back