Freaking out

tamanning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. And from what I was told to get the bio right for a tank my size, I should have 30" of fish. After I was told that, I looked it up to see if that was correct. So I did that. Is 10 gallons every other day good for the water changes? I will do charcoal and ammonia remover pads.
charcoal is not for ammonia it is to help keep other crud from sneaking up on you. your water changes should vary depending on your build up of toxins. telling you a specific number of gallons to change on a set schedule would be wrong on my part. you have to test and watch your number and do water changes accordingly..

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooooaaaww.

11 fish in a 4ft tank. Not the best of situations....Too many partiers at the dorm room party

Sing-Along Mosh Pit GIF by To Live A Lie Records

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow down. Give this a read.

Ask questions pertaining to your situation after, keeping stability in mind. Drastic changes can be bad... Nothing good happens quickly in reef tanks.

OP
OP
Crinson0ninja

Crinson0ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow down. Give this a read.

Ask questions pertaining to your situation after, keeping stability in mind. Drastic changes can be bad... Nothing good happens quickly in reef tanks.
As I said before, I was told by my lfs that I should have 30" of fish to build my bio. Also looked it up and it said the same thing. I know now that it was a mistake, but im trying to save it.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said before, I was told by my lfs that I should have 30" of fish to build my bio. Also looked it up and it said the same thing. I know now that it was a mistake, but im trying to save it.
That's ok. Just don't go drastic and make too many changes at once. It'll cause more harm than good.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia level is .5 ppm according to chart.
Cool. ^_^ Yeah that's defo not too bad at all.
Most are 1 to 2 inches at this point
Yep. Plenty of space in the aquarium for them at the moment, no fret! ^_^

Overall, despite everything, you are not actually in too bad a position. Good luck and have fun with the hobby!

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just do the weekly 20% wc and be done with it. Ur tank will be cycled in 60-90days. Hths
Imo ur fine. Ur good depending on filtration. Flow. Wc schedule.
The real cycle will take place soon. Lol.
depending on how long ur tank was running prior to the new additions it may not be that bad. Specially if they are all smaller fish like ur saying.
D

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an old rule.of thumb when fish and coral and rock didnt cost what it does today.
Maybe just inflation idk but anyways. Old rule. When ppl used fish to cycle. Which im seeing now days...
D

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to say fish freaks said amonia pads don't really do anything in saltwater it just adds another layer of filters I've been struggling with amonia and nitrate sense I added a lot of cuc (because of the trigger) and a trigger in a 55(planning to upgrade) they told me to dose seed by aquavitro daily to up the biofilter

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then spend your time and energy with your LFS and work it out with them since they have authority of our opinions :)

I'm out. Have a good one
What's your problem mate?

Op is admitting they didn't get the best advice initially and appreciate the current advice, trying to follow it to fix the situation. Nothing about op not listening to our advice.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back