Freaking out

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe find a new lfs that will give you better guidance. Always good to mention what you want to do in this message board first. Always get great thoughts and views I never considered before. But my lfs also screwed me on a lot of misinformation. I never go back there.

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And also while it’s not the main point of this thread you did mention in your original post you hoped rinsing your sand didn’t take out the bacteria. Don’t worry. It won’t. The bacteria is attached to the sand. Not my analogy but it’s the best one I’ve heard. If rinsing with water could remove bacteria we wouldn’t need soap. Same concept. You’ll be fine with a good water change schedule. You’re getting good score here. It’ll be fine.

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.5 isn't bad at all, obviously still undesired, use the prime so it doesn't harm your fishes and do your water changes so it doesn't get worse and you'll be fine! It'll take time to cycle but it will get there. It will get annoying to keep doing WC but keep at it.

krash7172

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something to consider when using Prime. According to Seachem, depending on your type of ammonia test, Prime can produce false positive results. They recommend waiting 24 hours after adding Prime before you test.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back