Free Acan from LFS but need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Markcw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Markcw

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2023
Messages
24
Reaction score
36
Location
Somerset
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I visited my local FS were we help help each other with frags that I have. My recent visit I was ask to take this little unhealthy fello a Flame red Acan as the owner has tried to improve it condition but having no success due to phosphate levels in there show tank. So never owning Ancan Coral I jumped at the chance to see if I could hone my skill and brings new life back into the Corel.
So I'm now 3 weeks in and things are starting to improve and look better.

Just wondering if there is any advice or anything I can do to improve my chances of saving this Corel, at the moment I don't feed but sure it collect food from my daily feed in the tank. Placed low in the tank as they are sensitive to strong light.
I've seen how this Corel should look and there are stunning to see.

Second photo is when I collected it. First photo is from todayb

IMG_20230907_183551.jpg IMG-20230824-WA0000(1).jpg
 
Last edited:
Its doing bad but not unsaveable. id feed it once a week but not too much its easy to overfeed. If you know your par id put it around 70-60 par. A healthy acan however can handle alot more if acclimated, but that should do, atleast while you attempt to heal it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new