Free Acropora

FunnierThanUThink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a planet and shortcake acro that have been going through a very slow stn. Its been three to four months since I got them. I dipped them in iodine and rx when I got them and did another rx dip about two months in with no success. If someone thinks they can save them, they can have them.
image.jpg

image.jpg

PeaBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can frag the portion(s) above the RTN line and they have a better chance of "rebudding". Do you know what your water parameters are?

OP
OP
F

FunnierThanUThink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d rather just give them away. I have one acropora that is encrusting and doing well. I try to keep my alk around 9dkh, calcium 440, magnesium 1500, nitrates 5ppm, and phosphates 0.03 and 0.1. I had an alk swing that I over reacted to and affected my montipora more than the acropora. I think it is a lighting Issue as the stn started after I moved them off my frag rack. My ai prime doesn’t cover my tank well enough, causing some serious shading. The one acropora doing well is in the “hot spot” of the prime. The stn is on the shaded spot, making it hard to frag these tiny 1.5” frags.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back