Free desktop software for editing?

DEL 707

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2024
Messages
149
Reaction score
38
Location
UK, Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an android phone, which I'm using to take photos. I've been using a yellow lens as well as playing with the camera settings, but I can't seem to get the colours right.

I want to edit the photo's on my PC, rather then my phone. I've read on this forum that people use Light Room or photoshop. But are there any decent free or significantly cheaper software I can try. I really don't want to take out a subscription, just to edit the odd photo.
 
I don’t have any software recs so hopefully someone else can chip in for that.

You mention yellow lens but you should be using an orange lens if you want to counteract blue light. See that orange is opposite blue on the color wheel.

Have you looked into getting the Orphek lens kit on amazon? That seems to be the best affordable kit and you can stack the lenses (Like stack the orange with the anti-glare lens. Or stack yellow and orange lens to cancel out extra heavy blues and violets)


20261008_120414_95D8E90F-ED5B-4BC7-9043-8C98F496B8FD.png


20261008_120414_35121898-0F0E-472D-B9EB-E99FFEC4F8B2.png
 
I might have that, or a very similar product.
They make the tank look very white.
 
I used GIMP some when I was shooting with a dslr. If your phone can shoot in raw it will give you most to work with but it's easy to spend a lot of time editing. I can usually get decent colors with an orange or yellow lens and adjusting the white balance in camera.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new