Free PAR meter? Photone App.

  • Thread starter Thread starter gobygrits
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
you just need the side clear that your camera is detecting. the back side can be black, doesnt matter. you just want the clearest transparent bag on one side. this is the one i bought
1734964021325.png
Any calibration needed when using these?
 
Any calibration needed when using these?
when using what? the photone app? or the bags? the bags are just bags. put it in and close it. if you mean the photone app, no calibrations, just make sure you,
A. add a difuser, aka, a piece of plain white paper taped over your front facing camera, and
B. purchase the $7 "blue white LED" analyzer

i purchased an official par meter later on after trying the app, and i didnt need too. The app is crazy close to the official par meter.
 
when using what? the photone app? or the bags? the bags are just bags. put it in and close it. if you mean the photone app, no calibrations, just make sure you,
A. add a difuser, aka, a piece of plain white paper taped over your front facing camera, and
B. purchase the $7 "blue white LED" analyzer

i purchased an official par meter later on after trying the app, and i didnt need too. The app is crazy close to the official par meter.
Why blue white rather than full spectrum led? I use a kessil a500x... so would I want to measure it blue white and leave red/green/uv off? Or if I wanted to measure with everything on use full spectrum?
 
I see people are using the blue/white setting instead of the full spectrum. Is there a reason why if all channels are on?
 
I see people are using the blue/white setting instead of the full spectrum. Is there a reason why if all channels are on?
Yes the Photone ceo said in a video he believes that offers the closest analysis. I wouldn’t be suprised if full spectrum worked fine.

Amazon sells waterproof phone bags just fyi
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new