I’ve used this now quite a bit (iPhone 13 pro) and have found a few things.
1.) This is easier to use by hand with a generic waterproof pouch (2-pack on
Amazon $6.99.) Originally I thought I’d get all fancy with a body glove waterproof case (Walmart) that leaked and a selfie stick. Just use by hand with a generic waterproof pouch, way easier.
2.) Just pay the $4.99/mo and get ALL light and pro settings. The advanced readings can be helpful but having the ability to turn off “hold” mode is a big one. I use the white/blue LED setting. If you don’t want to continue using it, just cancel the $4.99 subscription.
3.) You definitely must use the right paper diffuser (or close) and calibrate to the waterproof pouch. HOWEVER, I’m not sold on the calibration method mentioned earlier in this thread because the issue I mentioned on the previous page. With the “underwater immersion calibration” outlined in this thread I was getting numbers that just don’t make sense (way too high.) I found doing the standard calibration with the pouch and then using underwater results in numbers closer to what I’d expect, albeit with some amount of deviation.
Using this app as mentioned above determined for me that my combo of Kessil a360x’s and AI blade was running WAY too high. I’ve since dialed my Kessils down to peak @ only 60% and my blade @60% and everything is looking better already.
I don’t think this app is wildly inaccurate or precisely accurate either but is a FAR better solution than judging your PAR by your eyes, my case in point above (I was way overshooting.)
For around $12 between the pouches and subscription, I find it to be a great low cost solution to get you in the ballpark with your lighting.