0   0   0
Hi, I have a 32 biocube if you think it would work on that please let me know

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Receive my skimmer from Amazon. Here's my review that I've done. It's only been a few days, mind you.

I received the AIAIO Nano Skimmer a few days ago. I tried setting it up in my Waterbox 15g Peninsula tank and had a hard time getting it to fit. I couldn't utilize the middle chamber as the lighting bracket eats up too much room, and the return pump chamber wouldn't work even if it did fit (it doesn't). I ended up removing the media basket from chamber one and squeezing it in there. It was a very tight squeeze and I feel like the air intake may have been impeded a bit being pushed up against the glass. I tried it for about two days and it wouldn't pull skimmate. Very wet. I then moved it to my 30g IM AIO where it replaced a IM nano skimmer (which I would probably rate 2 stars). It immediately started pulling a frothy skim. Dialing in a nano skimmer is quite a chore. Minute changes can have a big effect. If I shut off the return pump, causing the water level to change, it immediately overflows and will dump skimmate back into the tank. (I'm not yet using the skimmate overflow drain as it can still overflow quite easily and I'm not ready to yet set it and forget it...worried about draining out the rear chamber) Overall it is very well built. Feels solid. It's quiet. I wish I could wrestle it into my Waterbox. For the price point, I don't think it can be beat.
PXL_20240405_171522304.MP.jpg

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a quick plug for the skimmer. It's finicky with water level, but once it's dialed in it's very quiet and pulls some nasty stuff.
PXL_20240418_224532062.MP.jpg

This is in a IM 30g aio. Two clowns and a orchid dottyback. I feed frequently, but not heavily. Usually just enough to see everyone is getting something (seriously, a couple of small pellets at a time). But I will toss in food 6 times per day or more day.

Last edited:

christopher wainright

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received mine today from Amazon and thought I'd leave my initial thoughts, then update the review and include an actual video after a week or so of operation. This skimmer is quiet and seems to be built pretty solid. I have it in the middle chamber of an innovative marine nuvo fusion 15 gallon. This is replacing a bubble magus mini q and so far even though it's only been a few hours I like the IOAOI better. For comparison purposes it's more quiet than the mini q, it has an air intake for co2 scrubbers- the mini q air intake is built into the body to where you would have to drill the body of the skimmer to run a co2 scrubber. The IOAOI skimmer also seems to be able to skim pretty dry which you couldn't do with the mini q. So far in just a few hours it's already got a nice foam head and is already starting to pull gunk out of the tank. Also no microbubbles so far! It is in the middle chamber though so I cannot speak for anyone wanting it in the return chamber. So far I really like it. The only thing I don't quite like about it is the collection cup is 1 piece with the skimmer body so unless you use the drain valve you will have to readjust this completely every time you empty the collection cup. No biggie for me as they include a drain line AND give you a 1/4 turn valve for it! But thought it'd be worth mentioning nonetheless for those who wouldn't want to use the cup drain. Also this design makes it sensitive to touch so keep in mind not to bump it while performing tank maintenance. Will try and add pictures when I do tank maintenance so everyone can see how it's built and what gunk it pulls out.

christopher wainright

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd give a small update with a few pictures as a reference to how the skimmer collection cup is molded. It's day 3 and I am still pretty impressed with this skimmer and it hasn't even broken in yet. My 15 gallon isn't too heavily stocked as I have 2 small damsels and a small purple psuedocromis/inverts. I feed pretty heavily once daily and this skimmer is already pulling some nasty gunk out. Might be worth mentioning I did a big water change/vacuumed the sand/cleaning maintenance right before adding this skimmer so it's running in a pretty clean tank atm.

Attachments

• 20240425_170434.jpg
    20240425_170434.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240425_170143.jpg
    20240425_170143.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240426_142100.jpg
    20240426_142100.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back