FREE TEST for IOAOI Nano Protein Skimmer with DC Pump, 30 Gals

Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also be interested in trying this out. I am currently using a K1 nano and the pump went out and found this thread while looking for a replacement pump for it. I would be interested in comparing it to the IceCap K1 before buying a new pump.
How well does that k1 work for you? Is it very loud?

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello family members of R2R,
We're launching a FREE TEST for IOAOI nano protein skimmer for 30 gals aquariums.
US only.
We truly look forward to receiving your objective and detailed feedback.
To sign up - Like & comment on this thread.
We'll send you a PM.
:star-struck:

2.JPG
Ok I have a 30 gal clown pair pistol gobie and crazy algae I think it will help i would like to test it

matt101053

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super interested in trying one of these out! Have a new Waterbox Cube 20 that I think the nano protein skimmer would be perfect for.

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello family members of R2R,
We're launching a FREE TEST for IOAOI nano protein skimmer for 30 gals aquariums.
US only.
We truly look forward to receiving your objective and detailed feedback.
To sign up - Like & comment on this thread.
We'll send you a PM.
:star-struck:

I'm still interested in a skimmer to test. If you are not giving anymore out that's fine but I would like to know so I can order one to get on my tank. Thanks

neverenough1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just came in this morning as well. This skimmer is tiny. Perfect for the nano's out there .

It has some clever features built-in. You twist the body for water level. You also have a knob for air control.

1697476439724.png

1697476472736.png

1697476501543.png

1697476522458.png
The size looks comparable to the IceCap K1 nano I have. One plus on this one is the extra controllability of this skimmer. I hope it works well for you and lasts longer than my k1 pump did I just ordered a replacement pump for my K1 and I’ve only had it for about a year…ugh

OP
OP
IOAOI

IOAOI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I'm still interested in a skimmer to test. If you are not giving anymore out that's fine but I would like to know so I can order one to get on my tank. Thanks
Thank you for your interest. We have noticed your previous message. But as there are still many members waiting in line ahead, and we need to distribute test spots according to a certain rhythm, it may take quite a time for you to wait. If you are in a hurry to use it, you can buy one first. When the time comes, we can arrange other products to be tested for you.

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your interest. We have noticed your previous message. But as there are still many members waiting in line ahead, and we need to distribute test spots according to a certain rhythm, it may take quite a time for you to wait. If you are in a hurry to use it, you can buy one first. When the time comes, we can arrange other products to be tested for you.
Okie dokie sounds good. I have been running without a skimmer for a few months now since the last one broke but wanted to get another thought this would be perfect. They are very reasonably priced as well. Appreciate it

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received mine, have it in display, which may or may not work depending on if the bubbles subside - quite a snow storm at the moment.

Unit seems pretty slick otherwise, pump is quiet, just wish the height adjustment bracket (water level) was more secure than the thumb screw; still slips down with minimal jostling because it's just relying on friction against the body.

Will give an update once it has a while to settle.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Received mine, have it in display, which may or may not work depending on if the bubbles subside - quite a snow storm at the moment.

Unit seems pretty slick otherwise, pump is quiet, just wish the height adjustment bracket (water level) was more secure than the thumb screw; still slips down with minimal jostling because it's just relying on friction against the body.

Will give an update once it has a while to settle.

Installing mine on the IM Nuvo 15 today. I'm heading to the hardware store to get an o-ring to prevent the height adjustment slippage.

It does appear IOAOI have a good product here. Only time will tell if the pump is reliable.

OP
OP
IOAOI

IOAOI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Installing mine on the IM Nuvo 15 today. I'm heading to the hardware store to get an o-ring to prevent the height adjustment slippage.

It does appear IOAOI have a good product here. Only time will tell if the pump is reliable.
We will improve the fixing of the body before the next batch of production.

@Beau_B

Bobby daniels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We've got a 30Gg AIO setup with over 50 BTA's running nothing but filter floss and carbon. Would love to check out you're skimmer if any spots are available. It would definitely help us slow down on all the WC's we do weekly

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was going to use a rubber band, but I 3d printed a new hanger for my rimmed 40b. couldn't get the wholes threaded for the screws that came with it, so will have to come up with another way to sinch it to the tank. otherwise works well for the one-minute test I ran.

I like the drain on the cup. thinking of running it on my display (100 gallons) draining to a larger bucket. That is before I get the 40 gallon frag tank set up. we'll see if it makes any kind of difference; gotta be better than the nothing I have now.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mine is breaking in very nicely. Micro bubbles is greatly reduced. I am very impressed with this product. Its an absolute steal for $50 . It is way better than any other nano skimmer on the market. Has all the adjustments of the big skimmer and a drain valve built in ... (love this feature). And the pump is super quiet.

@IOAOI you have a very good skimmer here. The best nano skimmer i have used by a far margin.

Going to order another one soon and show my support for the skimmer.

Clapping Jack GIF by Big Brother

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back