FREE TEST for IOAOI Protein Skimmer, DC Pump with Controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

BostonFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m would like to test it .I have a 90 gallon with a 40 gallon sump .I’m thinking about getting a new protein skimmer and update my old one .Maybe after the testing I’ll buy it .

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of instruction are you looking for? General "How to use a skimmer" or specific increasing flow, decreasing bubbles, etc for this skimmer?
I think I have it mostly figured out now, but I was a bit surprised that it didnt come with any instructions, other than assembly. I looked through this thread, and someone mentioned turning the entire unit, to set it... huh?
anything would be helpful, to fine tune it..I am pulling it out thick, which is what I want...but still not sure I'm doing it the way it's meant to be, honestly.

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I have it mostly figured out now, but I was a bit surprised that it didnt come with any instructions, other than assembly. I looked through this thread, and someone mentioned turning the entire unit, to set it... huh?
anything would be helpful, to fine tune it..I am pulling it out thick, which is what I want...but still not sure I'm doing it the way it's meant to be, honestly.
The resting water level in the skimmer body prior to start up should be around 7" and the skimmer should be located in the display or sump in an area where the water level inside the skimmer body will stay consistent.

The air intake (amount of bubbles that will be produced in the skimmer body) is located on the collection cup lid and can be adjusted but loosening the plastic screw and moving the slider slightly to the right or left.

The water intake pressure (amount of water being pumped into the skimmer body) is controlled through the external controller. Set the controller to constant stream mode by short pressing the mode button until a "C" is lit on the controller display. You can then adjust the amount of water pressure by short pressing the intensity button to an intensity of 1-10. I would suggest an intensity of 5-10 for best results.

The water outlet (amount of water leaving the skimmer body) is controlled by rotating the skimmer body clockwise to increase output flow for dry skimmate and counterclockwise to decrease output flow for wet skimmate.

I have one running 100% air intake, controller set to 7, and outlet rotated counter clockwise about 20 degrees. I am running dry skimmate. The skimmer runs completely silent and operates flawlessly thus far. If you have any other operating questions, just let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Good luck.

Drewallst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello family members of R2R,

We're launching a FREE TEST for IOAOI Protein Skimmer on R2R.

We truly look forward to receiving your objective and detailed feedback.

Product page:
(Only available for the US)

To sign up - Like & comment on this thread. We'll send you a PM.

REEF-80IN-尺寸图.jpg

What does it mean when E6 is flashing on controller

OP
OP
IOAOI

IOAOI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
What does it mean when E6 is flashing on controller
1. Make sure all connections are fastened. Especially the one between the controller and the pump. Tighten the nut please.
2. Open the lid of the pump, take out the impeller. Clean the impeller and the inner of the pump. Then reinstall it. Please don't miss any part.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would loooove to get into reef product testing.

Ill put this on my main unit.

I log everything very accurately and frequently so I should be able to provide value in testing.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know this thread is a little on the older side, but i have a 65g with a 20g sump that i would like to make a comparison test of this versus a reef octopus 110int. the HOB feature interests me specifically because i had to build my sump around the design of the int110 being that the int110 has the pump on the side of the skimmer, rather than underneath, such as this version, and would love to see what kind of difference that creates.

Nakzter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to test the skimmer if the offer is still available for my new 90g cube build and would also do a review video on my YouTube channel on the performance. Been in the hobby for over 10 years and never tried out the DC skimmers

Attachments

• 61761FE2-4287-4CD0-976B-1D81E4E3E44B.jpeg
    61761FE2-4287-4CD0-976B-1D81E4E3E44B.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
IOAOI

IOAOI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
i know this thread is a little on the older side, but i have a 65g with a 20g sump that i would like to make a comparison test of this versus a reef octopus 110int. the HOB feature interests me specifically because i had to build my sump around the design of the int110 being that the int110 has the pump on the side of the skimmer, rather than underneath, such as this version, and would love to see what kind of difference that creates.
PM sent

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back