Freebie ID and help please.

ReelRednekReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this and how should it look? Appears to be LPS but idk. It never opened it was in moderate to low flow in at the bottom. Moved it to the top in high flow and it started bleaching. Moved it down to middle and bleaching seems to subside. Tried feeding no change. 2 acan frags from the same order receded while Duncan has sprouted 3 new heads and frogspawn, Zoas and monti cap frags are doing well. What can info to save this thing?

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1434753890.843542.jpg

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very small so hard to tell. I first thought a chalice. But the coralite looks un-chalice like. More elongated with a few eyes. Maybe until it gets bigger and easier to tell. Keeping it in low lighting is best. You will kill a coral faster with too much light than too low light.

OP
OP
ReelRednekReefer

ReelRednekReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It's in a low(er) flow area and kinda shaded now. Bleaching has subsided and color appears to be coming back but slowly. Found my peppermint shrimp snacking on my frogspawn, so I trapped them and put both of them in my QT. After researching the frogspawn issue I suspect they are the cause of my acan losses and may be why this thing is staying closed up.

OP
OP
ReelRednekReefer

ReelRednekReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched both. I think it looks more like a lobo ( but what don't know?) the chalice is more plate like. Either way how do I get this thing to recover and open up?

If phosphates cause issues, I just installed a gfo and carbon dual reactor tonight so maybe that'll help.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 88 71.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back