Freeze Dried Mysis

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefJCB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
812
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased some freeze dried mysis from BRS for mixing up my feeding. My goal was to soak with selcon, some tank water, and add some spirulina for the tangs.

The problem is that it doesn’t sink at all! Is there a trick for getting this to not float at the top?
 
How long are you letting it soak? I also use freeze dried mysis soaked in selcon and I don’t have that problem.. I typically prepare in a small Dixie cup and let it soak for 30 minutes or longer before using.
 
How long are you letting it soak? I also use freeze dried mysis soaked in selcon and I don’t have that problem.. I typically prepare in a small Dixie cup and let it soak for 30 minutes or longer before using.
I’d say it is about 30 min, if I just dump it, it would stay at the top. So I’ve been grabbing and holding it underwater which seems to help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new