French Angel

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 @Jay Hemdal @MnFish1

This guy has been scratching and he has a few spots. I’ve started ruby rally pro to be on the safe side, just trying to ID what he has cause In very paranoid and don’t want a huge tank crash. Blue hippo has a few spots as well. I did a 15 gallon water change last night and then I see them scratching and a few dots this morning. Ich? Stress from with water change maybe?

Excuse the stuff in the water, fed them so they would come out for pictures. Also green tint due to just adding ruby rally.

Ammonia -
Nitrate-
Nitrite-
Ph-

I’m unable to remove fish for QT due to rock scape, if I’ve got to do something different than ruby rally I’ll have to treat the whole tank. Easier to remove the few inverts than the fish and put them in my other system. This is the tank with lions and eels too. Only two fish showing scratching and dots are the French angel and hippo.

IMG_0029.jpeg IMG_0028.jpeg IMG_0025.jpeg IMG_0026.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@vetteguy53081 @Jay Hemdal @MnFish1

This guy has been scratching and he has a few spots. I’ve started ruby rally pro to be on the safe side, just trying to ID what he has cause In very paranoid and don’t want a huge tank crash. Blue hippo has a few spots as well. I did a 15 gallon water change last night and then I see them scratching and a few dots this morning. Ich? Stress from with water change maybe?

Excuse the stuff in the water, fed them so they would come out for pictures. Also green tint due to just adding ruby rally.

Ammonia -
Nitrate-
Nitrite-
Ph-

I’m unable to remove fish for QT due to rock scape, if I’ve got to do something different than ruby rally I’ll have to treat the whole tank. Easier to remove the few inverts than the fish and put them in my other system. This is the tank with lions and eels too. Only two fish showing scratching and dots are the French angel and hippo.

IMG_0029.jpeg IMG_0028.jpeg IMG_0025.jpeg IMG_0026.jpeg
My suspect is flukes
Please provide video of at least 20 seconds
Is it breathing heavy?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue tang is breathing fast and the French angel has a tattered look about it. Those are both signs of flukes, but of two different types.

I think you should try a praziquantel treatment as ruby reef won’t cure flukes.

There could also be a protozoan component here, but to treat those, you would need to isolate the fish from the invertebrates.

Jay

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue tang is breathing fast and the French angel has a tattered look about it. Those are both signs of flukes, but of two different types.

I think you should try a praziquantel treatment as ruby reef won’t cure flukes.

There could also be a protozoan component here, but to treat those, you would need to isolate the fish from the invertebrates.

Jay
OK gotcha can I use the other treatment with the ruby rally pro then and is that safe since I’ve already dosed Ruby rally pro?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK gotcha can I use the other treatment with the ruby rally pro then and is that safe since I’ve already dosed Ruby rally pro?
Yes, those can be combined.
Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back