Freshwater conversion

Got my rock not sure if I should cure it or just run it with my cycle since I don’t have lights. Any suggestions?

image.jpg
 
Got my rock not sure if I should cure it or just run it with my cycle since I don’t have lights. Any suggestions?

That depends where the rocks came from. If they were live at some point then I personally would cure the rock. You should be able to cure the rock and then cycle with your tank.
 
That depends where the rocks came from. If they were live at some point then I personally would cure the rock. You should be able to cure the rock and then cycle with your tank.
They came from saltwateraquarium.com.
 
I put the rock in I believe it was never alive so I went ahead with. I started the cycle with some Dr. Tim’s ammonium chloride. I just use this light for the picture
 
I put the rock in I believe it was never alive so I went ahead with. I started the cycle with some Dr. Tim’s ammonium chloride. I just use this light for the picture

That black rock?

I would cycle it in full strength sodium hypoclorite
 
So it’s been about a week my ammonia and nitrite levels are at zero ima do my water change today bring down the nitrates down to less than 5. Are these parameters good to put a fish maybe a coral in?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new