OP
E

Eric Meza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my rock not sure if I should cure it or just run it with my cycle since I don’t have lights. Any suggestions?

image.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my rock not sure if I should cure it or just run it with my cycle since I don’t have lights. Any suggestions?

That depends where the rocks came from. If they were live at some point then I personally would cure the rock. You should be able to cure the rock and then cycle with your tank.

OP
OP
E

Eric Meza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the rock in I believe it was never alive so I went ahead with. I started the cycle with some Dr. Tim’s ammonium chloride. I just use this light for the picture

HCl+NaHO=

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the rock in I believe it was never alive so I went ahead with. I started the cycle with some Dr. Tim’s ammonium chloride. I just use this light for the picture

That black rock?

I would cycle it in full strength sodium hypoclorite

OP
OP
E

Eric Meza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s been about a week my ammonia and nitrite levels are at zero ima do my water change today bring down the nitrates down to less than 5. Are these parameters good to put a fish maybe a coral in?

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back