Freshwater dip?

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm scared to do it, my clownfish doesn't look good but he still eats, swims and breathes normally. All I see is slime on the face and a swell, I wanted to do a freshwater dip but I don't know If I should do it, everything is prepared tho (most importantly, I have no qt)

Attachments

• 20240220_160921.mp4
    31.5 MB

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is brook. In this case, you would use ruby reef rally pro in tank. Ideally you would use it in a QT, but "supposedly" it is safe to do in tank with inverts. A freshwater dip should provide some temporary relief. Make sure the water is the same temperature.

#fishmedic

Upvote 0
OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is brook. In this case, you would use ruby reef rally pro in tank. Ideally you would use it in a QT, but "supposedly" it is safe to do in tank with inverts. A freshwater dip should provide some temporary relief. Make sure the water is the same temperature.

#fishmedic
How about formalin? Is it easier to find? I would just use it in a container for 45 mins, then the fish would go back in his tank

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about formalin? Is it easier to find? I would just use it in a container for 45 mins, then the fish would go back in his tank

Rally pro has some on it and is far less dangerous. The tank needs to be treated or emptied from fish for the disease to go away.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dip a fish and return it to the same tank, it will just get reinfected.

I’m curious - in the video, the one clown is clearly very ill, but the other one looks great! Brooklynella may start off on one fish, but generally spreads pretty quickly. What is the comparative history of these two fish? How long have they been together, from the same dealer?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dip a fish and return it to the same tank, it will just get reinfected.

I’m curious - in the video, the one clown is clearly very ill, but the other one looks great! Brooklynella may start off on one fish, but generally spreads pretty quickly. What is the comparative history of these two fish? How long have they been together, from the same dealer?
I think I was wrong, today both of them look very healthy, just the eyes and they have always been together and they always looked like that

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back