Friday night tank shots!

And since you asked….5 minutes up and running!!!
20250801_190122_0CCA6CF8-490B-44DA-93D4-8DEE0E4A094B.png
 
We don’t like to kill anything. We let nature do its thing, so a few years ago we started putting everything we would find on shipments of TBS rock, etc in this pest tank. It’s amazing how much really survives and isn’t eaten in here. But…

Here is my pest tank. It’s sits in the most viewable spot in my house and you can see it from the street at night, lol :) it has 2 stone crab in it that toss these rocks around like they have no weight to them at all. You can hear it through out the entire house.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0627.jpeg
    IMG_0627.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0628.jpeg
    IMG_0628.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0629.jpeg
    IMG_0629.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0630.jpeg
    IMG_0630.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 62
That is freaking awesome!!! It looks very natural and mature. Great tank!

What is that blue acropora and where do I get one?
Thanks man. It’s how I got and stay sober. Sadly I had a really gorgeous blue tenuous (sp?) with big green polyps. I spiked my Ph over 9 a month ago and it was a casualty.

I actually don’t know the names of 80% of what’s in my system. I think there is like 140 pieces in that display or there was when I counted a while back.

I have fluoride on a dose plus I do captivate. So some of the blue may be what I call “artificial” lol. I think I have turned some of the coral in my tank into little meth heads, lol.
 
Thanks man. It’s how I got and stay sober. Sadly I had a really gorgeous blue tenuous (sp?) with big green polyps. I spiked my Ph over 9 a month ago and it was a casualty.

I actually don’t know the names of 80% of what’s in my system. I think there is like 140 pieces in that display or there was when I counted a while back.

I have fluoride on a dose plus I do captivate. So some of the blue may be what I call “artificial” lol. I think I have turned some of the coral in my tank into little meth heads, lol.
haha! I don't know half the names of anything either. My tank is just being brought into coral service after a crash that happened a year ago. I just let the tank mature with my mud refugium and some fish, and I've only been buying stuff for about 2 weeks. I have some nice stags coming including a nice teal. But that blue one is amazing. The color is vivid. Who cares how it got that way? 👍

Great Tank!
 
image.jpg

Hmm… I really need a decent phone camera filter…
IMG_7756.jpeg
I have resisted buying a camera now for years. I use my phone to the best of my ability.
I think I use the camera in my phone more than the phone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new