Fritz Coopersafe kill flukes?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
does it really kill flukes and anchor worms?
Thank you
Coppersafe treats and addresses neither. You want PraziPro which is praziquantel and addresses worm issues but a pic or two under white lighting will be helpful as there are various types of flukes and Prazi does not stop all.
How did you come to conclusion you have flukes?

OP
OP
A

Antoniocastro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really have not been able to reach that conclusion.
I have an Achilles tang that swims in front of the wave Maker and it lost a little color and turned pale, I decided to start with copper and in two days I brought the concentration from zero to 2.5 parts per million. Tuesday afternoon I got down to 2.5 concentration and now I still see the fish scratching against the sand and sometimes getting in front of the wave maker.

I don't know if it's too early to see positive effects from the copper treatment or it really isn't velvet if not Flukes.

I forgot to tell you that today I gave it a fresh water dip, the fish is very strong all the time it stayed afloat it never fell lying down I left it for almost six or seven minutes in the fresh water dip, I did it in a black bucket and after the dip, I tried to look for some evidence with a flashlight and I think I didn't find anything, maybe it was the grains of sand or something similar, but I really didn't see almost anything coming out of the fish, now I see the fish a little calmer, maybe the dip freed him from some parasites he had in his gills!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I really have not been able to reach that conclusion.
I have an Achilles tang that swims in front of the wave Maker and it lost a little color and turned pale, I decided to start with copper and in two days I brought the concentration from zero to 2.5 parts per million. Tuesday afternoon I got down to 2.5 concentration and now I still see the fish scratching against the sand and sometimes getting in front of the wave maker.

I don't know if it's too early to see positive effects from the copper treatment or it really isn't velvet if not Flukes.

I forgot to tell you that today I gave it a fresh water dip, the fish is very strong all the time it stayed afloat it never fell lying down I left it for almost six or seven minutes in the fresh water dip, I did it in a black bucket and after the dip, I tried to look for some evidence with a flashlight and I think I didn't find anything, maybe it was the grains of sand or something similar, but I really didn't see almost anything coming out of the fish, now I see the fish a little calmer, maybe the dip freed him from some parasites he had in his gills!
Copper takes a couple days to take effect over a thirty day period. Swimming in front of powerhead signifies Velvet which coincidentally they are susceptible to velvet more than any other disease they get.
Some behaviors associated with a fish with velvet are :
- Scratching body against hard objects
- Fish is lethargic
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Rapid, labored breathing
- Fins clamped against the body
- rapid breathing and mucus around the gills

Fish with velvet will typically stay at the surface of the water, or remain in a position where a steady flow of water is present in the aquarium. As the disease progresses outwards from the gills, the cysts then become visible on the fins and body.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back