Fritz Salt Issues?

AnemoneBay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now people have shifted from you cant grow acros with fritz, to cant grow montipora with fritz, to cant grow BTAs with fritz?!?

Perhaps you should take a look at your water change methodology. Are you not matching temperature or something?

So time to post photos of a "dying" BTA, I guess :(.

qp7QIJu.jpg

OK1b441.jpg
People on these forums can be clowns and just comment it since they hate the salt. I’ve grown so many deepwater acros with fritz and a bunch of BKChem pieces. It’s really just their poor light lol.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know that. Some salts have different chemistries. And some corals will react when those parameters chance slightly.

Most people account for this and dose the water accordingly to keep things stable as many have reported in this report here.

This is not a situation of core params changing.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People on these forums can be clowns and just comment it since they hate the salt. I’ve grown so many deepwater acros with fritz and a bunch of BKChem pieces. It’s really just their poor light lol.

They would have seen impacts from poor lighting before the salt change...

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t.... both factors can combine you know...

Not to the degree that it wipes a tank. There would have been indications that lights were an issue before the salt change.

Arbitrarily assigning blame to the lights is more of a stretch than a bad batch of salt when the ICP tests, numerous user reports, and consistency of all other variables lead to something else.

I get you like the salt, it’s fantastic you’ve had success with it.

It doesn’t mean these people haven’t received a bad batch. You should be open to understanding this.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to the degree that it wipes a tank. There would have been indications that lights were an issue before the salt change.

Arbitrarily assigning blame to the lights is more of a stretch than a bad batch of salt when the ICP tests, numerous user reports, and consistency of all other variables lead to something else.

I get you like the salt, it’s fantastic you’ve had success with it.

It doesn’t mean these people haven’t received a bad batch. You should be open to understanding this.
Correct. My corals were doing and looking amazing. Then over the course of a couple weeks they went downhill. Lighting is definitely not a factor (in my case anyway)

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the issue was phosphate levels or lighting I could see it bothering a few corals, but not mass death and across different types in such a quick fashion. This is just my opinion, but when my nutrient levels drop I see signs like pale corals, clean glass, ect

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the issue was phosphate levels or lighting I could see it bothering a few corals, but not mass death and across different types in such a quick fashion. This is just my opinion, but when my nutrient levels drop I see signs like pale corals, clean glass, ect

Leave your NO3/PO4 at zero for a bit with 100 par. ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back