fritz salt

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I was wanting to see some tanks that are running fritz salt and your results.

CapeCoralDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the blue box. My numbers are always good. Right now I'm doing weekly water changes. I've started adding corals and all are healthy & happy so far. Tank is 6 months old
Mag 1300-1400
Alk 8.0-9.0
Cal 440
Salinity 1.025

I also mix it the day before and let is circulate overnight. I make my own DI water.

My PH is low according to my monitor, 7.9, but I'm now going to worry about that since my corals are doing great.

Buy is locally if you can. Very expensive online.

I'm not an expert at all, but so far getting very good results

OP
OP
reefl8r

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the blue box. My numbers are always good. Right now I'm doing weekly water changes. I've started adding corals and all are healthy & happy so far. Tank is 6 months old
Mag 1300-1400
Alk 8.0-9.0
Cal 440
Salinity 1.025

I also mix it the day before and let is circulate overnight. I make my own DI water.

My PH is low according to my monitor, 7.9, but I'm now going to worry about that since my corals are doing great.

no sir you need to sign up for petsmart auto ship you can get the 53 gallon bag for 9$ haha with the auto ship i just got 6 so 318 gallons 60$

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no sir you need to sign up for petsmart auto ship you can get the 53 gallon bag for 9$ haha with the auto ship i just got 6 so 318 gallons 60$
Cool. use fritz pro salt 60.00 200 gal. I didn't know petsmart sold it.have to check out their prices. Good salt mixes clean.

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mag 1300-1400
Alk 8.0-9.0
Cal 440
Salinity 1.025

Question how do you mix you salt?

CapeCoralDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a brute trash can on wheels. I put a small pump in to mix the water & salt. I live in Florida, so I usually don't need to add a heater, but lately I've had to use one.
I keep 44 gallons of DI/RO water in my garage and pump it from that brute into my mixing can.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back