fritz turbo start 900 false advertisement

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So fritz claim the cycle is done in 5 days or less i am on day 7 and currently the bacteria can only handle converting 0.16 ammonia per day i am using a hanna checker not the crappy colour charts

fake news.png

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So fritz claim the cycle is done in 5 days or less i am on day 7 and currently the bacteria can only handle converting 0.16 ammonia per day i am using a hanna checker not the crappy colour charts

fake news.png
How do you prove your claim of false advertisement?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritzyme has been well vetted around here and proven to work. I don't believe our hobby kits are accurate enough to say what you claiming without a doubt. What we do know is that ammonia is being processed.

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritzyme has been well vetted around here and proven to work. I don't believe our hobby kits are accurate enough to say what you claiming without a doubt. What we do know is that ammonia is being processed.
very very very slow for day 7 of what they claim to be 5 days or under cycle i should be seeing 2ppm to 0 in 24 hours instead im seeing 0.16ppm per 24h being processed on day 7 that is pathetic

danimal1211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very very very slow for day 7 of what they claim to be 5 days or under cycle i should be seeing 2ppm to 0 in 24 hours instead im seeing 0.16ppm per 24h being processed on day 7 that is pathetic
Have you tested nitrites and nitrates, you could use those results to calculate how much NH3 you’re tank is consuming 1ppm NH3–>2.7ppm NO2–>3.6ppm NO3.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I get into this, let me start with a simple disclaimer, I'm not a Fritz fan, I don't use any of their products personally in any of my tanks.

Now, I'm not quite understanding why you're confused as to why you still have ammonia when you've added ammonia. Assuming you are cycling a new tank, the ammonia source should have only been added once on day 1 prior to the addition of the Fritz product.

Per your own post, your ammonia was decreasing, showing that the bacteria was starting to do its job (maybe not as fast as you would have liked) and you now interfered by doing a water change and added more ammonia. So of course you still have ammonia, you are essentially back on Day 1 of your cycle again.

Unless your tank was super cloudy from a bacteria bloom it was best left alone.

I am not defending Fritz, nor accusing you. But maybe saying that calling their product out in this case is a rush to judgement based on your account provided to us.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The requirement to process 2ppm in 24 hrs is way overkill unless you plan on adding dozens of fish all at once
I preseeded a tank until it was processing 2ppm in 24 hours and was able to add 17 fish (1.5 to 2 inch size) all at once with no ammonia spike.
If you're only adding a few fish at once you already have enough "cycle" for that

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I get into this, let me start with a simple disclaimer, I'm not a Fritz fan, I don't use any of their products personally in any of my tanks.

Now, I'm not quite understanding why you're confused as to why you still have ammonia when you've added ammonia. Assuming you are cycling a new tank, the ammonia source should have only been added once on day 1 prior to the addition of the Fritz product.

Per your own post, your ammonia was decreasing, showing that the bacteria was starting to do its job (maybe not as fast as you would have liked) and you now interfered by doing a water change and added more ammonia. So of course you still have ammonia, you are essentially back on Day 1 of your cycle again.

Unless your tank was super cloudy from a bacteria bloom it was best left alone.

I am not defending Fritz, nor accusing you. But maybe saying that calling their product out in this case is a rush to judgement based on your account provided to us.
i did the water change yesterday so in the 6 days (over there 5 days or less cycle time) my ammonia went from 3.2ppm to 2.2ppm so still only 1ppm in 6 days

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The requirement to process 2ppm in 24 hrs is way overkill unless you plan on adding dozens of fish all at once
I preseeded a tank until it was processing 2ppm in 24 hours and was able to add 17 fish (1.5 to 2 inch size) all at once with no ammonia spike.
If you're only adding a few fish at once you already have enough "cycle" for that
how sure are you about that cause i have a fish reserved and it was not cheap its costing me £1350

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how sure are you about that cause i have a fish reserved and it was not cheap its costing me £1350

I don't know how much ammonia a fish of whatever size produces. I'm just telling you my direct experience.

In addition to my other story - I have used turbo start to add fish on day one as well.
I set up a QT system, added fritz turbo start, and added the fish to QT all in the same day (three separate times, twice with one fish each, and once with two fish) and didn't lose any of those fish though 60 day quarantine.

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Weird. I had an emergency and had to throw 52 fish into a half filled 150 tote with fresh water. Used fritz to control ammonia. They are on week 3 of their new qt home.

Worked for me.
IMG_1624.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back