Frogfish Pico Surprise!

Finally decided to upload videos to YouTube so I could share them. Here is Squishy eating the first meal we fed him, a grass shrimp.

 
He's actually a painted frogfish, not a warty, but maybe they all look warty? I don't know...I just know they are the cutest ugly fish out there!
 
Here's a cool, quick video of Squishy eating two shrimp (my husband caught them locally) within a minute of each other. He was hungry!

 
What an awesome little setup! Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who think frog first are insanely cute.
 
What an awesome little setup! Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who think frog first are insanely cute.
I think I am much more obsessed with Squishy than my husband...I watch him via the camera all of the time! lol
 
Such a cool little fish!
 
Squishy has learned that my husband is the bringer of food, so now on days when Terry doesn't bring him shrimp, Squishy will swim around against the glass facing my husband opening his mouth, begging for food. It's really cute, but we have to be careful not to overfeed him!
 
I've got a couple new videos of Squishy from him eating a week or so ago. If you look closely, you can notice that he is now a dark brown. We've noticed that he is lightening a bit, which usually means that they are about to change colors. I'm hoping for a pretty red or orange!!!



 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new