Frogspawn 10 minutes after dosing chemiclean....help!!

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, hope everyone is doing well and have some time to help me with what I would classify as an emergency lol! I have been getting patches of cyano the past few days so I've decided to dose chemi clean....Well I've got the liquid version and dosed as directed, increased aeration tremendously, and have risen my protein skimmer collection cup where it's not going too crazy lol and I go to mess with something come back in ten minutes and see that the frogspawn I just got about a month ago, has about a half of a golfball size bubble coming out of his mouth area...I'm guessing it is his mouth, but not sure what's going on and if it's going to be alright...it's extended and not drawn up,just had a bubble for a mouth lol....any help?
IMG_20180428_013504.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look too bad to me, it may be pooping (they do it from time to time). That being said, I would start worrying about the frogspawn if it stays this way for several days. It will really be time to panic when it completely deflates and recedes all the way in the skeleton.

Chemiclean can irritate corals, so if this behavior persists you may need to do some water changes to lower the concentration.

Logan A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive found that when certain bacteria dies, tthrive, or changes in any way then have the potential to release gases. Im guessing that its the residual bacteria releasing the gas not your coral. Im no expert just what i think.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this as afternoon and the frogspawn is still like this...it's never done this or bubbled up at the mouth when pooping...only happened when the chemi clean was added...I'm just worried, bc it looks like a ballon thats about to pop lol..maybe after today it will go down, if not I think a water change is def in order.....I've just never seen a frogspawn do this

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's now been almost a week now, and this bubble is still around the mouth of my frogspawn......it looks to me like it has turned his mouth inside out and theres a air bubble over his mouth that just won't go back to normal! I've read last night, that most people say if may be getting ready to split, but some say it is a sign that it will die soon and the bubble will explore, killing.the polyp

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back