Frogspawn pest?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisv.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2012
Messages
3,444
Reaction score
3,843
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello hive mind! I just picked up a frogspawn frag from a local reefer and I noticed some small black specks on the fleshy part of the stem. It looked like some of them MAY have come off when I dipped in revive. I'm not sure if it was THESE black specks, or just random detritus.

I squirted water at them with a syringe and the remaining ones don't seem to be coming off.

Here are some photos. What do you guys think? Am I being crazy or is this a pest?

The frag is sitting in a bowl of tank water for now.


PXL_20240514_232414666.jpg
PXL_20240514_232425783.jpg
PXL_20240514_232449406.jpg
 
possibly ,hope not EEFW.
 
Out of an abundance of caution I've decided to not add this guy to my tank.

It's a big disappointment, but I have had AEFWs destroy an acro dominated system in the past, so I know what it's like to have a single coral purchase tank a while collection.

Hate to toss it, but such is life. It really is to bad. It's a particularly nice green strain.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new